Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 17, 2013

How Shall I Write My Declaration of Love?

How Shall I Write My Declaration of Love?
by Melcichon
January 17, 2013
(For Mrs. Pilma D. Cichon on her birthday, January 20, 2013)

How shall I write my declaration of love?
Shall I write it when the sun is rising
Or shall I write it when it is setting?
Perhaps I shall write it when it is full moon
And the sea is calm
And the sea waves are lapping on the shore?
Or shall I write it before the crescent moon appears
And the sea is crying?
Shall I write it when Amihan starts to cool down my coffee
Or shall I write it when storm signal number 4
Starts to tear down the billboards of the politicians?
Perhaps I shall write it when you are beside me.
Or perhaps when an ocean separates us.

But whatever, Beloved,
I love you
From dawn to dawn
And I will love you still
Beyond my sunset.

No comments: