Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Poems Written in my Facebook, "Sampaguita"

death anniversary---
my mother wakes me up
to take my medicine


she puts
her lighted candle
on the dining table

impeachment--
my empty stomach aches
my ears stop listening to "I object, Mr. President!"

impeachment--
a game between
the PBA and the NBA players

nagbuskad eon
ro bueak it huya-huya
sa tadlong nga daen

birthday--
turning the mid-sky of life
into a deeper blue

waiting--
I watch how your lips
curve before we kiss

New year's Eve--
eating noche buena
at the evacuation center

one week after the landslide--
still searching for
the missing miners

New Year's Eve--
a one-million firecracker show
one million pupils without books

Bag-ong Dag-on--
naghari ro aso't rebentador
sa among barangay

bunok--
tao kon paano ginpahipos ro tatlong kandeng
ku puno it badyang

naghipos ro tatlong kandeng
pagpanilong
sa puno it badyang

again
together we cut
the Gordian Knots

Christmas Eve--
her kiss
burns my heart

morning sunlight
touching the body
of a sleeping homeless man

morning sunlight
touching the body
of a sleeping homeless man

separation--
like the rain,
the human heart soars

Christmas carols--
I wish my godfather
were in his house

salikaeum--
sindihan ko rang sueo
agod makapadayon ako kang paeanawon

an eagle glides gracefully
above a wavy lake--
mid-afternoon

after three lonely weeks of searching
Lola Aurelia embraces
Lolo Luis

Toto, panaog eon
may eugta
eon kita!

rush hours--
the traffic officer accepts
the jeepney driver's lawyer

November breeze--
her shadows start
to cover her

outside
of the hospital window
a rainbow

a rainbow
in your smile, Mother
in a hospital

City Jail--
the heat
of her new bed sheet

he continues
his uphill trail--
downpour

Philippine August wind--
the white rose
just sways

almost December--
the paths
we still have to clear for you

deep night--
the heart
of a long silence

lover's moon--
the breeze stands still
as she holds my hands

drizzles--
the soft grip of Lola
on my arm

new path--
some more rosebuds
along the way

she wipes away my tears
until I fall asleep--
Sunflower

she prepares
a lamp with oil--
a wedding day

any moment turns
into summer
when she passes by

short night--
the lingering sweetness
of your kiss

aeangyon iya,
aeangyon igto
owa't sueod ro among taeagbasan

ginsugpon ni Nanay
rang nabugto nga tanog--
Sampaguita

Bangod gabii eon
nagbisa eon lang ako
sa rosarito

pista minatay--
eubog sa tubi-baha
ro mga pantheon

a summer afternoon--
my father and I
fishing with hook and line in Maeara

Fr. Fausto Tentorio--
he's afraid to be uprooted
so he was chapped down

Bing widens
the door for us --
see more sunlight

she cushions
your pains
even after sundown

her smile allures me
closer, closer
to her heart

morning jeepney ride--
strands of her hair
touching my face

election miracle
he wins in the voting
he loses in the counting

Butterfly Garden--
no butterfly here
no butterfly there

all the teachers
gather
to meet a child who saved a national flag


a bora man meets
an igang woman--
calm shore of Guimaras

i pick up
igang and blue starfish
in a shallow water of Guimaras

Valentine's Day--
last year, alone
this year, still alone

sudden flood--
all the golden grains
can't see the skies

morning breeze--
a rose turns its blossom
towards the sunlight

the fragrance
of ilang-ilang in our room
wakes her up

sunset--
she watches him
until he closes his eyes

full pink moon--
hand in hand
we both wish to Sirius


pink full moon
your nearness
makes a full evening

as I eat durian
I did not notice
all my children have left me alone

flood
everything is level
but the two ducks

mid-summer--
the skies have become
much clearer now

beauty pageants--
major, major
long legged

Valentine's Day--
their figures
fading away

almost dusk--
she drops the red tulips
on her feet

rice fields--
all his lines
in pink

dawn
blissful, joyful
refreshing, inspiring, beginning
birth, hope, death, gloom
rupturing, sleeping, mourning
sunset

doctor's clinic
a dying rose
at the corner's table


officer's burial--
the government strips off
the flag from his casket

baha!
Inay...
I love you!

sunrise--
a child smiles
at the abortionist

summer breeze--
her beauty
creates a smile

sunset--
thinking of the full moon
with you in Maeara

rising full moon--
letting the Sampaguita blossom
swings to the breeze

Maeara
October 9, 2011

No comments: