Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Friday, July 09, 2021

Beloved, I'm Back Home!

 

Beloved, I’m Back Home!
***Melchor F. Cichon
Beloved,
I’m back home!
 
I thought her kisses were much sweeter than yours
And her hugs were warmer than yours.
I thought that together
We would walk hand in hand toward our future
Even during rainy seasons,
Even if our paths were like the zigzag roads to Baguio.
I thought that if I slide down
She would help me get up.
But I was wrong.
So I bit my elbows!
And packed up myself
And walked back to our home,
Hoping that you would hug me tightly
Before I enter our door
Like you used to do.
 
But our home
Was empty
Except for your handwritten note
That you left in our bedroom--
"So sorry,
But I have to go.
I know we will meet again
And forever
In Heaven.
Bye, Beloved."

No comments: