Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Saturday, April 26, 2014

One Hundred Word Story

Golden Rule
by Maeara
April 26, 2014

One afternoon, Ms. Elsa, my supervisor , summoned me for a meeting in her office.
Good morning, Mr. Cruz, she greeted me.
Good morning, I replied.
I called for you because I wanted to know why you hate me.
No, I said. I do not hate you. I was hurt when you called me forgetful in front of my staff.  You could have just informed me of my mistakes or whatever, but adding something that degrades my dignity is unprofessional. I believe in Golden Rule. And I hope you understand it too.
I am sorry, she said.
OK. I accept.

****
Fishing in Maeara
by Maeara
April 26, 2014

Get ready, my father says. We will go fishing to Maeara.
Yes, Tay. I said.
Be sure to dig enough earthworms so that we will have enough baits for a day.
Yes, Tay.
When we reach Maeara I notice that there are two other fishermen in the area.
I ask one of them.
What kind of fish do you catch here?
Catfish and snakehead.
You mean you eat snakes?
No, no, no, my boy, he told me. Snakefish is a freshwater fish, not a snake.
Ah, ok, I said.
What will you do with your catch, I ask.

Sumsuman.

No comments: